Pages

Monday, January 6, 2020

I lost my job after complaining about company giving BBQ sauce as holiday gift - New York Post

A Canadian man says he was fired from his job after beefing about receiving a $6 bottle of barbecue sauce as a holiday gift, according to a report.

Hussien Mehaidli, 27, who was a manager for Fastenal, a US-based wholesaler of construction materials, said that he and his colleagues usually got a box of goodies for the holidays, according to CTV News.

“You’d get cookies, M&Ms, beef jerky — a box filled with junk food. We always really appreciated that,” Mehaidli, of Burnaby, British Columbia, told the news outlet.

But this year, he was shocked to receive a bottle of hickory-flavored “Get Sauced,” which sells on Amazon for $5.99, and a wooden barbecue scraper branded with the company’s logo.

Mehaidli said December seemed like an odd time to receive barbecue sauce.

“We don’t live in Australia,” he quipped, adding: “I work really hard. We get pushed really hard to reach our sales goals. I felt I gave this company so much and I felt really disrespected when I was given barbecue sauce.”

Mehaidli decided to vent his displeasure on his anonymous Twitter account.

“What kind of multi billion dollar company gifts it’s (sic) Canadian employees barbecue sauce as a holiday gift? Yet the USA employees stuff their face with an actual holiday gift box!” he wrote, tagging the company’s Canadian and US handles.

He also took a shot at the company’s CEO, who encouraged employees to “share something from the holiday gift box.”

“SHARE WHAT ?? !! MY BARBECUE SAUCE ?? To every Canadian Fastenal employee I am sorry we all had to go through this,” Mehaidli railed.

To add insult to injury, Mehaidli found out from an American colleague that Fastenal’s US employees received the usual box of goodies.

The day after he fired off his tweets, Mehaidli said, he got a call from his manager after the company somehow figured out who was behind the account.

“He called me by my Twitter name,” Mehaidli said of the boss, who told him he had to delete the tweet.

Several days later, on the night before New Year’s Eve, Mehaidli said, his manager axed him.

“My district manager said, ‘I fought for you, the regional VP fought for you, but corporate in the US wants you out,’” he said, adding that he was informed that he was terminated for “violation of standards of conduct policy — acceptable conduct section.”

Fastenal Canada did not reply to CTV News’ requests for comment.

“Christmas just came by. There are bills to be paid, my Visa bill. Money is an issue,” Mehaidli said. “I’m a very heavy believer in God and everything happens for a reason, but I believe I was done very, very dirty.”

Let's block ads! (Why?)



"Sauce" - Google News
January 07, 2020 at 02:58AM
https://ift.tt/2FscknK

I lost my job after complaining about company giving BBQ sauce as holiday gift - New York Post
"Sauce" - Google News
https://ift.tt/35DSBgW

No comments:

Post a Comment